MCKENNEY, Va., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bank of McKenney (OTC BB: BOMK) today announced that the Board of Directors of Bank of McKenney declared a dividend of $0.27 per share on Bank of McKenney common and preferred classes of stock for shareholders of record at the close of normal trading on December 28, 2012 and payable on January 18, 2013. The $0.27 per share dividend matches that paid in January of 2012.
Richard M. Liles, President & Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Earnings over the current year have been negatively affected by our efforts to reduce non-performing assets. During 2012, we eliminated the majority of the remaining problematic debt from the balance sheet causing continued abnormally high provisions to our loan reserves. Nevertheless, core growth has progressed at a pace commensurate with current capital levels. Therefore, the Board determined that maintaining the dividend at twenty-seven cents was the best course of action and continues to demonstrate the strength of the company."
Bank of McKenney is a full-service community bank headquartered in McKenney, Virginia with seven branches serving Southeastern Virginia and assets totaling $212 million.
SOURCE Bank of McKenney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV