5 Smartest States in America
Second-smartest state in America: Iowa
Iowa places third nationally in two of our criteria: the number of young people attending college (93.5%) and average SAT math scores (606 -- tying Minnesota, although just 3% of graduating Iowa students took the test).
Some 90.6% of Hawkeye State adults also have high school degrees. As noted, that ties Utah for the sixth-best rate nationwide. (There are no figures available for how many Iowa teens watch lots of TV.)Martinez-Aleman taught at Iowa's Grinnell College for seven years and saw firsthand how strongly the state supports public schools. "Iowa has a very long history of being very progressive regarding K-12 education," she says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV