5 Smartest States in America
Third-smartest state in America: Nebraska
The Cornhusker State knows a thing or two about raising a crop of kids who'll stay in school.
Just 9.6% of Nebraska's residents lack high school degrees -- America's seventh-best showing.Some 71% of Nebraskan young adults also attend college (eighth place nationwide), while the state's high schoolers averaged 585 of the SAT math test -- also an eighth-place showing. (There are no figures available for TV watching among Cornhusker teens.) Martinez-Aleman says large Midwest states such as Nebraska have long had a tradition of "good sound public education." Still, the state's high average SAT math score probably benefited from the fact that just 5% of graduating students took the test this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV