5 Smartest States in America
Fourth-smartest state in America: Utah
Just 16.3% of Utah high schoolers watch three hours or more of TV per day -- the lowest rate nationwide.
The Beehive State also ties Iowa for sixth place in terms of how many adults have high school degrees (90.6%).Lastly, Utah comes in 13th place in two other categories: the percentage of young people in college (68.1%) and average SAT math scores (566 -- a tie with Oklahoma). Martinez-Aleman theorizes that just as with Wyoming, a small population makes it easier for Utah to spend lots of money per student. But also like Wyoming, few Utah teens took the SAT this year -- just 6% of graduating high schoolers. As noted, that can skew a state's average score upward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV