Galbraith Estate In Hawaii Protected For Farming
"The Army is proud to have contributed to the purchase of adjacent lands that will add to Hawaii's future food security, while at the same time, continuing Schofield Barracks' critical mission of training our Soldiers with the skills necessary to deploy and return home safely," said Col. Daniel W. Whitney, commander, U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii.
The City and County of Honolulu money came from a fund approved by voters in 2006. "I am proud the City and County of Honolulu contributed to this important project. There is an ever more pressing need to ensure that Hawaii can grow more of its own food, and diversify its economy," said Mayor Peter Carlisle. "The Galbraith lands are an important step in the right direction."
D.R. Horton-Schuler Division contributed $500,000 and will be providing another $500,000 to help prepare it for farming. "Over the years, we have listened to many community members express their desire to promote farming and support local farmers," said Mike Jones, president of D.R. Horton-Schuler Division. "As we work towards building sustainable lifestyles in Hawaii, we are proud to join in this partnership to advance food security, preserve agriculture land outside the urban growth boundary, and support our farmers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV