The decrease in surveillance equipment revenues is attributed to competition from Asian manufacturers, loss of a key customer, and the sale of IVS. Personal defense and law enforcement operations saw significant increased sales through consumer and international channels and a slight increase in the sporting goods channel. Revenues increased marginally in the wholesale security monitoring division.
|Sales By Channel-Personal Defense and Law Enforcement|
|September 30, 2012||September 30, 2011||% Increase|
Loss from continuing operations for the third quarter of 2012 was approximately $(700,000), or $(0.01) per share, compared to a loss from continuing operations of $(1.9) million, or $(0.04) per share, in the third quarter of 2011. The improvement is attributed to decreases in selling, general and administration (“SG&A”) expenses of $891,000, or 32%, and an increase in gross profit of $251,000, or approximately 23%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV