“I’m very confident that Mike will continue to keep the company on a path of operating and financial excellence that Apco experienced under Tom’s direction,” Hill added.
About Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. (NASDAQ: APAGF)
Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with interests in eight oil and gas concessions and two exploration permits in Argentina, and three exploration and production contracts in Colombia. More information is available at www.apcooilandgas.com. Go to http://www.b2i.us/irpass.asp?BzID=1671&to=ea&s=0 to join our e-mail list.
Our reports, filings, and other public announcements may contain or incorporate by reference statements that do not directly or exclusively relate to historical facts. Such statements are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. We make these forward-looking statements in reliance on the safe harbor protections provided under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You typically can identify forward-looking statements by various forms of words such as "anticipates," "believes," "seeks," "could," "may," "should," "continues," "estimates," "expects," "forecasts," "intends," "might," "goals," "objectives," "targets," "planned," "potential," "projects," "scheduled," "will" or other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements are based on management's beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to management and include, among others, statements regarding:
- Amounts and nature of future capital expenditures;
- Volumes of future oil, natural gas, and LPG production;
- Expansion and growth of our business and operations;
- Financial condition and liquidity;
- Business strategy;
- Estimates of proved gas and oil reserves;
- Reserve potential;
- Development drilling potential;
- Cash flow from operations or results of operations;
- Seasonality of natural gas demand; and
- Oil and natural gas prices and demand.
- Availability of supplies (including the uncertainties inherent in assessing, estimating, acquiring and developing future oil and natural gas reserves), market demand, volatility of prices, and the availability and cost of capital;
- Inflation, interest rates, fluctuation in foreign currency exchange rates, and general economic conditions (including future disruptions and volatility in the global credit markets and the impact of these events on our customers and suppliers);
- The strength and financial resources of our competitors;
- Development of alternative energy sources;
- The impact of operational and development hazards;
- Costs of, changes in, or the results of laws, government regulations (including climate change regulation and/or potential additional regulation of drilling and completion of wells), environmental liabilities and litigation;
- Political conditions in Argentina, Colombia and other parts of the world;
- The failure to renew participation in hydrocarbon concessions granted by the Argentine government on reasonable terms;
- Risks related to strategy and financing, including restrictions stemming from our loan agreement and the availability and cost of credit;
- Risks associated with future weather conditions, volcanic activity and earthquakes;
- Acts of terrorism; and
- Additional risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC").