PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) today announced the company is on track to meet or exceed aggressive performance targets as part of its Vision 2015 strategy to profitably double the company's size.
At its 2012 Investor Day conference in New York, Pierre Brondeau, FMC president, CEO and chairman, said that over the last three years, FMC has executed its growth plan and has capitalized on the unique strengths of the company to deliver strong performance against Vision 2015 targets announced in 2010.
"We developed an aggressive, but achievable, strategy to unlock the growth potential of FMC, leading to a larger, more profitable, faster growing specialty chemicals company," Brondeau said. "Halfway through our plan, we are well on our way to achieve or exceed our targets. We've delivered exceptional results over the last several years, despite continuing macroeconomic uncertainty."
Strong Progress to Deliver Vision 2015
- FMC expects to exceed its $5 billion 2015 sales target by at least 10 percent. This would represent more than doubling of company revenues since 2009.
- The company expects to meet or exceed its 2015 EBIT target of $1.2 billion, approximately 2.5 times its EBIT in 2009. EBIT is up 50 percent over the last three years.
- Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) will remain well above the Vision 2015 target of mid-teens or higher. The company has expanded total EBIT margins, up more than 120 basis points from 2009 through today, despite significant growth investments. The company expects EBIT margins to continue to expand an additional 230 basis points by 2015.
- FMC continues to maintain disciplined and balanced cash deployment, with more than $1.5 billion deployed in the last three years. Approximately 40 percent has been used for organic reinvestment, approximately 20 percent for external growth, and approximately 35 percent returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and share repurchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV