Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS), the world’s largest office products company and second largest internet retailer in the world, today announced it will carry Microsoft Surface at all Staples locations and
as early as December 12.
Microsoft Surface available at Staples (Photo: Business Wire)
“Staples is excited to provide this innovative product to customers just in time for the holiday season,” said Mike Edwards, executive vice president merchandising, Staples. “Staples is a leader in offering the latest technology for small businesses and consumers, and our customers can now experience Surface in store or online.”
Microsoft Surface features an extension of the Windows experience, letting customers work, play and connect with others. Features include:
- Preloaded with Office Home & Student 2013RT
- Integrated Kickstand for hands free entertainment
- Tough yet elegant design at only 1.5lbs
- Ultra-light durable casing equipped with Gorilla Glass 2
- 16:9 widescreen with high-definition ClearType display
- Front and rear-facing 720p HD video cameras
- Full-sized USB port and HD Video out port
Surface will be available at Staples and feature the following models:
- Surface with Windows RT 32 GB - $499
- Surface with Windows RT 32 GB with Black Touch Cover - $599
- Surface with Windows RT 64 GB with Black Touch Cover - $699
Customers who purchase the Microsoft Surface from Staples will receive the exclusive ‘
8 Was Easy
’ offer which includes free personalized training, free support and free startup with the purchase of any Windows 8 computer. Consumers who purchase any Surface regularly priced $699 and above will also receive free data transfer from their old computer.
Staples customers nationwide can experience Windows 8 on the latest computers and tablets, and get help selecting the right computer with support from our more than 4,000 Certified Advisors. These advisors are Staples associates who have become certified by Microsoft Corp. with extensive product and new operating system knowledge.