Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), one of the nation’s leading business to business services provider and the largest uniform supplier in North America, today announced the launch of its third annual Corporate Responsibility Report, available online at www.cintascsr.com. The site provides a holistic look at the company’s financial performance and successes through fiscal 2012, particularly as it relates to Cintas’ commitment to safety, innovation, sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and citizenship. In addition, the report focuses on Cintas’ ethical business practices as a cornerstone of its corporate culture, the foundation on which Cintas was built.
“We have credited much of our success to our employee-partners consistently providing the highest quality of products and services and exemplary customer service to our customers,” said Scott Farmer, Chief Executive Officer. “Being a safe and responsible corporate citizen and running our business based on the principles of honesty and integrity are hallmarks of our company’s corporate culture, a culture that I believe differentiates Cintas from other companies with which we complete.”
The 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report titled, “Going the Distance,” was developed for the first time this year as a stand-alone Web site to more closely align with the company’s sustainability goals. It highlights several successes and/or areas of progress achieved during fiscal 2012, such as:
- Safety: A 53% Total Incident Rate (TIR) reduction since January 2008*
- Employee Engagement: A world-class engagement score among employee-partners, achieved by only some of the most respected companies in the world;
- Diversity and Inclusion: A 300% increase in minority enrollment in Cintas’ Management Trainee program;
- Supplier Diversity: A $160 million spend with women and minority-owned businesses;
- Recycling: Recycled more than 310,000 tons of paper, saving the equivalent of eight million trees, and diverted over 15 million plastic water bottles from landfills with development of innovative uniform collection using plastic in the fabric;
- Reducing Environmental Footprint: Helped reduce customers’ chemical and water usage with Cintas’ Microfiber and Chemical Cleaning System;
- Sustainable Business Practices: Implemented moisture measurement methods that reduce drying time and energy usage by as much as 50%;
- Philanthropy: Donated more than 13 million pounds of products to aid in humanitarian and disaster relief efforts worldwide;
- Recognition: Ranked on FORTUNE’s list of “Most Admired Companies” for nine consecutive years and consistently ranked as a Top Military-Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs magazine.
Cintas Corporation employs more than 30,000 people in approximately 420 facilities located throughout the world. For more information, go to www.cintas.com.*As reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics