US Employers Advertise More Jobs In October
The department said that it could not quantify what impact, if any, Sandy had on October job openings. Sandy made landfall on Oct. 29, closing down businesses and cutting off power, particularly in the Northeast.
Job openings in the Northeast actually rose slightly in October, the department said.
Tuesday's report, known as the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, looked at total hiring, layoffs and quits. The monthly employment report released Friday measures net hiring and unemployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV