MATTHEWS, N.C., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PokerTek, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTEK) announced today that it has selected and signed its distribution partners for the countries of Colombia, Argentina and Peru. Initial installations are currently being scheduled.
- In Colombia, PokerTek has selected Monarch, Inc. to represent its products. Monarch and its principals bring more than 40 years of experience in the distribution of gaming equipment and the operation of casinos. Colombia has approximately 400 casino properties, most of which are electronic only.
- In Argentina, PokerTek has selected Sielcon SRL to represent its products. Sielcon manufactures and distributes electronic roulette and slots and provides software services to casino operators throughout Argentina. Argentina has more than 135 casino properties, including 42 electronic-only bingos in the Buenos Aries area alone.
- In Peru, PokerTek has selected Grupo Albanto to represent its products. Grupo Albanto is a group of operating companies in the Peruvian casino industry. Peru has more than 400 casino properties, most of which are electronic only.
" Latin America represents a key element of our growth strategy," commented Mark Roberson, PokerTek's Chief Executive Officer. " Colombia, Argentina and Peru are particularly attractive markets with large numbers of casinos, racinos and bingos operating slots and other electronic games. Those operators need electronic table game products such as PokerPro and ProCore to complete their casino offering and attract new players.
"I am pleased that we have been able to partner with organizations of the caliber of Monarch, Sielcon and Grupo Albanto. Raul Bouchot, VP of Business Development, is already working closely with our new partners to drive our Latin American growth strategy."
About PokerTek, Inc.: PokerTek, Inc. (NASDAQ:PTEK) is a licensed gaming company headquartered in Matthews, NC that develops and markets electronic table game solutions for the gaming industry. www.PokerTek.comContact: Mark Roberson CEO and CFO PokerTek, Inc. 704.849.0860, x101 firstname.lastname@example.org This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which are made in accordance with the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results may differ materially from those implied in these forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, but not limited to, the impact of global macroeconomic and credit conditions on our business and the business of our suppliers and customers, overall industry environment, customer acceptance of our products, delay in the introduction of new products, further approvals of regulatory authorities, adverse court rulings, production and/or quality control problems, the denial, suspension or revocation of permits or licenses by regulatory or governmental authorities, termination or non-renewal of customer contracts, competitive pressures, and our financial condition, including our ability to maintain sufficient liquidity to operate our business. These and other risks and uncertainties are described in more detail in our most recent annual report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. We undertake no obligation to update or revise such statements to reflect new circumstances or unanticipated events as they occur, except as required by applicable laws, and you are urged to review and consider disclosures that we make in the reports that we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission that discuss other factors germane to our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV