HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that Paragon Legal Technology Support, which provides law firms and corporations with advanced litigation support services, replaced its NetApp storage environment with EMC ® Isilon ® scale-out storage to manage its Big Data requirements. EMC Isilon has enabled Paragon to accelerate the collection of forensic evidence and streamline the company's e-discovery projects. It has also provided Paragon the scalability it needed to rapidly grow its expanding cloud-based business.
- Improved Performance — Isilon enabled sub-second response times for retrieving key relevant documents from millions of pages, a 6X improvement from its previous NetApp storage solution, driving millions of dollars in new revenue.
- Rapid ROI — Higher productivity, increased efficiency and substantial cost savings allowed Paragon to achieve a return on its investment in Isilon in just 18 months.
- Simplified Administration — With Isilon's single point of management, Paragon reduced IT administration by lowering costs by at least one FTE.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Paragon's staff must pore through as many as 30 million pages of documentation, emails and other data to support its clients in litigation. All collected forensic evidence is stored in an unalterable digital image format, creating case files as large as 9 terabytes or more. The firm's previous NetApp storage lacked the performance and scalability to support these Big Data requirements. During one of the firm's most important cases, the NetApp storage ran out of capacity, stalling the discovery process and threatening to compromise the client relationship.To quickly resolve this roadblock and support uninhibited Big Data growth for the long term, Paragon replaced its NetApp storage with EMC Isilon S-Series and X-Series systems. The S-Series is configured with Flash drives to provide super-fast performance for Paragon's Microsoft SQL Server database. The X-Series stores tagged image file format (TIFF) and all other electronic content used in the discovery process. The Isilon solution supports Paragon's IPRO e-discovery tool, Mindseye TunnelVision search and assessment tool and iCONECT XERA database management tool for hosted client services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV