Craft Beer's 10 Best Seasonal Porters and Stouts
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
Alcohol by volume: 10.5% ABV
Know why people who love craft beer don't make jokes about beer in cans anymore? This brewery and this beer specifically have a lot to do with it.
When Oskar Blues started canning in the early 2000s, it did so as a sales gimmick to draw folks to its brewery and brewpub in Lyons, Colo. Since then, it's helped convince the craft beer world that lined cans are a great way to block out the light and keep beer fresh while leaving behind none of the metallic flavor of their trashier aluminum forebears.
It's also a big boomer compared with its Colorado neighbors in the silver, mountain-laden cans. The 10.5% alcohol content is right in the name and masks a whole lot of hop bitterness behind its roasted dark malt and chocolate-covered caramel flavor. Bitterness in mouth-puckering brews such as India pale ale is measured in international bittering units that usually top out at 100. Ten Fidy sits at 98 IBUs.
Midnight Sun Berzerker
Alcohol by volume: 12.7% ABV
We'll just go ahead and get the very NSFW "berzerker" clip from Kevin Smith's Clerks out of the way, as it has nothing to do with this beer but is inextricably tied to the word.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV