Engadget, the site dedicated to obsessive coverage of cutting-edge gadgets and consumer electronics, will welcome more than 2,000 technology fans to a brand new event, Engadget Expand, in March of next year.
Created for technology enthusiasts and the site’s gadget-loving readers, Engadget Expand gives attendees access usually reserved for industry insiders by connecting them with consumer electronics luminaries, Engadget’s editors and the hottest new gadgets exhibiting on the show floor.
The first-ever Engadget Expand will take place at the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco from March 16 to 17, 2013, and will feature:
- An inventor competition: Engadget’s Insert Coin franchise comes to life when editors host a new product competition for independent inventors. The Engadget editors will choose a slate of semi-finalists for readers to vote on before the event, and a select number of finalists will be chosen to attend the event and show off their inventions to attendees and a panel of expert judges. Finalists must have a working prototype to demo for the first time at the show, and attendees, judges and readers will pick the winners to receive a cash prize and guaranteed review on Engadget.
- Marquee speakers: Engadget editors will lead panel discussions and fireside chats with product experts from major consumer enterprise brands and other areas of science and technology.
- Showfloor exhibitions: The exhibition hall will be a rare opportunity to get the inside story on the best new devices from the very people who brought them to life.
- Giveaways: In keeping with the tradition of Engadget’s meetups, guests are entered to win new products – usually the same ones being discussed on stage.
“We wanted to create a consumer electronics show that’s not just an insider trade show, but is actually welcoming to gadget lovers,” said Barb Dybwad, newly named director of new business development, Engadget. “Our site has always been a place for our readers to connect and engage with one another, and now we’re bringing that online interaction into the physical world with Expand.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts