Joseph Kissel has been hired by BankUnited to serve as chief information officer. Kissel comes to BankUnited from Wells Fargo Bank in Phoenix, Ariz., where he most recently served as a senior vice president and the bank’s chief technology officer.
“Joe is perfectly suited to lead BankUnited’s information technology team as we continue to grow and expand to serve our customers and business clients throughout Florida,” said John Kanas, BankUnited chairman, president and CEO. “BankUnited is attracting the best and the brightest in the banking industry, and we continue to deliver the highest level of banking services to our customers.”
Kissel brings more than 20 years of senior level experience leading technology and operations in banks, mortgage companies and technology companies servicing the financial industry. Having served in various roles, including CIO, CTO, COO and president, he has managed teams of more than 650 employees, and budgets of more than $100 million.
Kissel earned his MBA from the University of Illinois, and a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Western Illinois University.BankUnited (NYSE: BKU), headquartered in Miami Lakes, Fla., provides a wide range of commercial and consumer banking services to businesses and consumers in 15 Florida counties through more than 95 branches. For additional information, call (877) 779-2265 or visit www.BankUnited.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV