"Jonathan is a top-notch professional in the field and brings an incredible amount of insight and expertise to the position. He is exactly the right choice for Georgia Power and will be a powerful addition to our statewide economic development partnership," said Chris Cummiskey, commissioner, Georgia Department of Economic Development.
"It's an honor to join the Georgia Power Economic Development group and to come back home to the organization at which I started my career. I look forward to working with such a seasoned group of economic development professionals, and am excited to join the Georgia team," said Sangster.
A native of Toccoa, Ga., Sangster earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from Georgia Tech and an MBA from Georgia State University.
Georgia Power is the largest subsidiary of Southern Company, one of the nation's largest generators of electricity. The company is an investor-owned, tax-paying utility with rates below the national average. Georgia Power serves 2.4 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties.SOURCE Georgia Power
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV