A new study released today by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found nearly half of online French consumers have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on email, Facebook or Twitter.
Based on a survey of more than 1,500 online French consumers (ages 18 and older), ExactTarget’s Digital Café report is the latest research report in ExactTarget’s Subscribers, Fans and Followers series to explore consumer behavior across email, Facebook and Twitter in markets around the globe.
Key findings of the study include:
- 90 percent of online French consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing program
- 51 percent of consumers that subscribe to brand’s email programs have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message
- 28 percent of consumers report checking email constantly throughout the day
- 43 percent of online French consumers interact with brands on Facebook
- 7 percent of consumers on Facebook have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebook
- 33 percent of Facebook users who own a smartphone check Facebook daily using their smartphone
- 4 percent of online French consumers use and proactively Follow brands on Twitter
- 2 percent of consumers on Twitter have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Twitter
- 47 percent of Twitter users follow brands to stay up-to-date with a company’s products, services or offerings
“Email, Facebook and Twitter provide French marketers a tremendous opportunity to interact with customers and drive business success,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “Our new Digital Café research provides an in-depth look at the French market, providing marketers exclusive insights into why and how consumers engage with brands online.”The debut of the research follows ExactTarget’s launch of similar studies in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and Australia. Together, the research provides global marketers new insight into how consumers around the globe interact with brands across email, Facebook and Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV