Former No. 1 Manatee ( Bradenton, Fla.) falls in state semifinals, drops to No. 17; St. Thomas Aquinas ( Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), Cathedral Prep ( Erie, Pa.) and Steele ( Cibolo, Texas) enter rankings
MCLEAN, Va., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- John Curtis ( River Ridge, La.) is the new No. 1 team in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national high school football editorial rankings for the week of Dec. 10, marking the first change at the top of the rankings in nearly three months.
Former No. 1 Manatee HS ( Bradenton, Fla.) —the nation's top-ranked team since mid-September—saw its undefeated season come to a close last week in the Florida 7A state semifinals, losing to Fort Lauderdale's St. Thomas Aquinas, 35-18, to finish its season at 13-1 and slip to No. 17 in the Super 25. St. Thomas Aquinas (12-2), which will play Lincoln (Tallahassee) for the state 7A title this Friday night, joins the Super 25 at No. 11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV