GUTTENBERG, Iowa, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Iowa Virtual Academy, a tuition-free online public school offered through Clayton Ridge Community School District, is adding grades 7-12 for the 2013-2014 school year and will now serve students statewide, in grades K-12. The Clayton Ridge school board approved the expansion in October.
The open enrollment period for the next academic year is under way and runs through March 1, 2013.
The online school offers Iowa students statewide a high-quality alternative to the traditional classroom-based learning experience through personalized instruction from state-certified teachers. The school uses the award-winning curriculum provided by K12, the nation's largest provider of online school programs for students in kindergarten through high school.
"Iowa Virtual Academy brings education to the students, instead of the students trying to fit themselves into the education," said Supt. Allan Nelson of the Clayton Ridge Community School District. "The way lessons are organized allows students to take more time if needed in certain subjects and accelerate in others according to their abilities and skills."Additionally, Nelson explained that online education allows parents to work alongside teachers. Iowa Virtual Academy makes parents partners in the educational process, creating a more comfortable environment for students and a more efficient learning experience. Iowa Virtual Academy might be the right choice for a variety of students, including:
- Advanced learners who are either performing above grade level in one or more subjects or are motivated to increase their knowledge beyond the basic course offerings in specific subjects.
- Students who are seeking relief from bullying, or who have other safety concerns and need a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Students from military families, who might be prone to moving and changing schools more often than the average student.
- Athletes and performers who need classes that can travel with them during practices, rehearsals, and competitions.
- Struggling students who need more time to grasp concepts, or who may need an environment with fewer distractions.
- Students looking to get more out of their education
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV