Background: Walgreen and its subsidiaries operate a network of drugstores in the U.S. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drugstores, as well as through mail, and by telephone and online. For people who travel, Walgreen is almost mandatory. The ability to conveniently refill prescriptions anywhere in the country is one of the key advantages Walgreen enjoys in this space.
52-Week Range: $28.53 to $37.35Book Value: $19.32 Price-to-Book Ratio: 1.9 Earnings Payout Percentage: 39% Walgreens currently pays $1.10 per share in dividends for a yield of 3.1%. No one knows for sure what dividend taxes will look like in 2013 and beyond (epic failure from Washington), but regardless of the tax rate, we still want to make money. A dividend yield of more than 3% with a rising stock beats a passbook savings account any day of the week. Shares have moved higher in the last month, with a 6.6% improvement.
Analysts have not reached a consensus on this one. All else being equal, it's a bearish indication when the majority of analysts don't get behind a stock. Analysts love to push stocks, and no accord is almost the same as a sell rating. Thirteen of 26 rate this stock a hold. Ten recommend buying it, and three recommend selling it. The stock has appreciated 4% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for Walgreen is $38.76. Presently, the percentage of float that has been sold short is insignificant at 2.4%. WAG Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV