New EMC Atmos Portfolio Highlights:
Atmos G3-Dense-480 Hardware
The Atmos G3 series introduces new processing power, performance and density enhancements to the Atmos product line. The G3-Dense-480 is the first in the Atmos G3 series and offers Intel x86-based architecture, 10 GbE network connectivity, 60 disks per node and flexible rack-based configurations that consist of 4, 6, or 8 nodes. The Atmos G3-Dense-480, with 480 disks in 40U, comes standard racked, cabled, and pre-configured for easy serviceability and fit within datacenters. With 480 disks and 3TB drives, the Atmos G3-Dense-480 provides the densest and most energy efficient Atmos storage platform. This enables enterprises and service providers to more cost-effectively manage petabyte-scale environments with less infrastructure and power.
Atmos 2.1 SoftwareIn addition to the REST API, Atmos 2.1 now natively supports the Amazon S3 API. This provides customers with the ability to easily migrate their S3 applications to any of the more than 40 Atmos powered public clouds around the globe or any internal private cloud they are deploying. Customers benefit from more options to choose from, including improved SLAs, services, and price points that match their business needs. This capability also opens new markets for services providers to build and deliver competitive services that attract customers with applications already written to the widely used API. Atmos is now available in 3 flexible feature and price-based configurations:
- Atmos CE - Complete Edition provides full Atmos functionality designed for distributed locations, including multi-site active/active, multi-tenancy, and full policy controls. Deployed on Atmos hardware.
- Atmos LE - Light Edition offers a subset of Atmos functionality to meet cloud archive and centralized data centers, including 2 sites, 1 tenant / 1 subtenant, and limited policy controls. Deployed on Atmos hardware.
- Atmos VE - Virtual Edition provides the full functionality of Atmos CE deployed on any VMware-certified third-party storage, including EMC Celerra, CLARiiON, Symmetrix, VNX, VNXe, and Isilon.
- New CIFS Cloud Gateway supports unlimited users and eliminates need for client software
- Shareable URLs for improved collaboration
- Easy drag and drop file capabilities to build your own "cloud" drive
- Now available in 10 languages
- Microsoft clustering for high availability and added data encryption for even greater cloud security