HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC announces general availability of Atmos G3-Dense-480 Hardware, Atmos 2.1 Software, and Atmos GeoDrive Windows 1.1.
- New hardware enhancements deliver more power and density; 33% percent more capacity with 3TB drives, new x86 Intel-based architecture and 10x network performance improvement via 10 GbE connectivity.
- New software enhancements add native Amazon S3 API support and three new packaging options and pricing configurations.
- New Atmos GeoDrive Windows 1.1 provides instant Windows access to any Atmos-powered storage cloud, CIFS Cloud Gateway support for unlimited users.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced new products and enhancements across the entire EMC ® Atmos ® portfolio, significantly extending Atmos value for enterprises and service providers as they transform to cloud. General availability of the Atmos 2.1 Software, first announced in May 2012 at EMC World, has been supplemented with additional new features, enhancements and packaging options. All-new Atmos G3-Dense-480 Hardware, incorporating a new x86 Intel-based architecture, delivers additional performance and density. In addition, a new release of Atmos GeoDrive Windows 1.1 delivers enhanced security, availability and features—making it even easier to manage and provide access to any Atmos storage cloud.As cloud adoption accelerates, enterprises and service providers consistently face new challenges as they scale and manage their cloud storage operations in large, globally distributed environments. The explosion of unstructured data generated by web applications, tablets and mobile devices requires both massive on-demand scalability and support for multiple device types and applications. Providing secure instant access to petabytes of data from any device or application —anywhere in the world—requires an agile platform that addresses the convergence of data, applications and access. The latest additions to the EMC Atmos portfolio help enterprises and service providers to transform their business while driving operational efficiencies at scale.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts