"Engaged employees are one of the most important components of the guest experience," Murren said. "Happier employees nurture a higher level of guest satisfaction, providing a competitive edge for the company in the long term."
Inspiring Our World is an initiative that has been a year in the making. Plans for the program began last winter. In September, auditions attracted more than 200 of the company's talented staff.
The production draws from employees' hidden talents such as the Receiving Dock worker who happens to play electric violin or the Purchasing executive who used to be a professional singer. Now, the months of scriptwriting, choreography and rehearsal will culminate as the talented troupe gathers for nine performances at the Mandalay Bay Events Center later this month.
Social responsibility is integral to the company's core creed and philosophy, which carries through to its relationships with employees, guests, and the communities in which its resorts are located. The company has strategically consolidated its pioneering diversity and inclusion, community engagement and environmental sustainability initiatives into a comprehensive platform to promote greater innovation and synergies. For more information about the company's social responsibility programs, please visit: www.mgmresorts.com/offers/2012/07_annualcorporatesocialresponsibilityreport/index.html.About MGM Resorts International MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company's website at www.mgmresorts.com. SOURCE MGM Resorts International
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV