Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today is revealing a major update to its Adobe® Creative Cloud™ offering. During Create Now, an online event this morning, the company is announcing that Creative Cloud members will now have access to over a dozen exclusive new features for Adobe Photoshop®. Adobe is also highlighting the huge customer momentum behind Creative Cloud, with more than 1 million free and paid memberships, including approximately 326,000* paid individual members who have signed up through November 2012. Additionally, at the Create Now event, the company is introducing a new version, Creative Cloud for teams, making it easy for creative professionals to collaborate with colleagues; showcasing new capabilities for mobile website design with Adobe Muse™; launching Creative Cloud Connection for desktop synching and collaborative sharing; debuting Creative Cloud Training, a library of premium instructional video from leading partners; and demonstrating the unlimited access to the Digital Publishing technology used by major publishers to create interactive content for the iPad.
“It’s been remarkable to see over 1 million users join Creative Cloud in just seven months,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media, Adobe. “Our goal is to make Creative Cloud the ultimate hub for creatives, where they can access the world’s best creative tools, store and collaborate around their work and ultimately showcase their creations. Now with the availability of the new Creative Cloud offering for teams, we’re making it easier for workgroups to create and collaborate.”
Tune in to see the full details unveiled at the Create Now online event at 10 a.m. PT with new Creative Cloud capabilities, including Creative Cloud for teams, available at that time.
New Photoshop CS6 capabilities available to Creative Cloud members, include:
- Immediate support for HiDPI (Retina) displays for Apple MacBook Pro. This feature was also made available to perpetual license customers as a free update.
- Smart Object support for Blur Gallery and Liquify.
- The ability to quickly export CSS code for text and objects, and import color swatches to easily design incredible websites.
- New workflow timesavers including Crop tool refinements.
- 3D enhancements including improved live (OpenGL) previews of shadow effects and additional control over illumination using 32-bit color picker to create glow effects.
- Conditional Actions that automatically select the appropriate Action based on user-defined rules, giving users enhanced image processing speed.