Dec. 11, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mobile and Alternative Payments in the U.S., 3rd Edition
The mobile payments industry stands at the epicenter of tremendous innovation and change, with market participants introducing a slew of emerging payments solutions—from Square to Google Wallet to Popmoney to Serve to V.me. Thanks to the widespread adoption of smartphones, the consumer audience now has the means to use them; however, they still may not be accustomed to or even well informed about the new topography of the payment landscape.
The industry also serves as a nexus connecting the often competing interests of wireless carriers, phone manufacturers, payments networks, merchant acquirers, card associations, point-of-sale technology providers, nonbanking payment solution providers, banks, and retailers. At stake is the transformation of the consumer wallet—and the control traditional payment players have historically had over it—as well as the possibility of new revenue streams generated by data analytics, advertising, and other value-added products and services, above and beyond merchant payment fee revenue.
Even with mobile payments still in its nascent stage, Packaged Facts expects U.S. remote and point-of-sale mobile payments volume to grow by 275% in 2013, a testament to the impact of current product rollouts and consumer uptake already underway.
Mobile and Alternative Payments in the U.S.
provides industry participants with the wealth of analysis and guidance they need to stay abreast of this quickly evolving market. Report coverage includes market sizing and forecast for U.S. mobile payments, as well as a comprehensive evaluation of competitor dynamics:
- Mobile payments strategies employed by the leading U.S. card associations, including American Express' prepaid card innovation and Serve digital platform innovation, Discover Financial Services' alternative payments strategy and PayPal and Google Wallet relationships, MasterCard PayPass and PayPass Wallet Services, and Visa V.me
- Mobile payment solutions developed by Digital Leaders, including online commerce behemoths Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Groupon and PayPal; innovative offline commerce players LevelUp and Square; the Isis Mobile Commerce Network; and retailer mobile payment strategies
- Macro trends shaping the mobile payments landscape, including eCommerce growth, NFC payment growth. bill payment trends, P2P growth and associated metrics, and mobile payment fraud and security issues
In addition, Proprietary Packaged Facts consumer survey data and Experian Simmons syndicated consumer surveys provided the basis for a detailed analysis of the consumer context:
- Mobile phone and smartphone ownership trends, app usage, and tablet ownership
- Mobile phone usage trends pertinent to mobile payments, including mobile phone usage trending over time and related demographic analysis
- Mobile payment methods (i.e. P2P, bill payment, etc.) and payment funding choices by demographic
- Mobile payers' current and intended use of mobile payment, deposit and communication methods, broken out by smartphone users, non-smartphone users, mobile bankers, and mobile payers
- Recent and intended use of mobile phone financial, promotional & shopping tools
- Mobile phone and smart phone feature usage; smartphone share of mobile phone ownership by demographic; and voice, data and text plan penetration