(Nasdaq:XXIA) today announced
, an advanced solution for validating network infrastructure, capacity, scalability and convergence. IxNetwork quickly creates real-world protocols and network behavior, making it possible for service providers, enterprises and equipment manufacturers to conduct detailed network performance analysis and get actionable insights to quickly optimize network devices, systems, applications and services. IxNetwork 7.0 features an
intuitive user interface
network topology testing
, providing customers with:
- New visual configuration elements
- Built-in support for multi-protocols
- Ability to control topology, device range and session-level granularities
- Statistics per device and session level
The new IxNetwork 7.0 is designed to help quickly configure complex real-life topologies, and the integrated drill-down statistics enable users to speed up the debugging of those topologies. And because IxNetwork 7.0 dynamically monitors resources and provides feedback, the user is assured that test runs are not affected by computing resources.
With IxNetwork 7.0 enterprises are able to validate that their infrastructure meets the demands of users, and service providers can ensure that complex networks meet performance requirements. Additionally, equipment manufacturers can be certain they are providing devices that meet the requirements of their customers.
Current IxNetwork customers will benefit immediately from version 7.0 with support for legacy versions and no need to re-create previously established test configurations.
IxNetwork 7.0 features include:
- Support for Xdensity 10GE SFP+ load module, including support for multiple concurrent users
- ImpairNet network impairment emulation, supporting Accumulate and Burst, Rate Limit Tolerance and 40G bit error insertion features
- Official release of OpenFlow protocol emulation
- Complete TRILL L2MP/ECMP scenario testing
- Introduction of Cloud Performance QuickTest
- Custom QuickTest, allowing users to create tests outside the prepackaged ones
- Introduction of automatic multicast tunneling
“Network configurations are continuously becoming more complex, and being able to properly optimize these networks in order to ensure a reliable and secure end-user experience has become business-critical,” said Dean Lee, director, network infrastructure business for Ixia. “The introduction of our next-generation protocol framework in IxNetwork 7.0 drastically improves large-scale testing, as it supports realistic control plane emulation and allows users to easily match scaling and performance of the most demanding carrier class routers. Users will find that IxNetwork 7.0 was designed with these complexities in mind and mimics the way network engineers view and evaluate their infrastructure performance. The visual configuration elements make it extremely easy to assess functionality, scale and performance, especially as networks converge into a single network infrastructure that is used to carry voice, video, data and wireless traffic.”