Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications, today announced the worldwide availability of Polycom® HDX® Series 3.1, a software update for the Company’s popular HDX video collaboration solution for executive desktops and rooms.
Providing a simple and intuitive collaboration experience in HD video and voice quality, the enhanced HDX Series 3.1 software improves collaboration and productivity for organizations of all sizes with new features including:
- Enhanced virtual whiteboarding – Polycom® RealPresence® Whiteboard, the industry’s first embedded virtual whiteboard software in a video-conferencing unit with no external PC required, lets video meeting participants write on the same digital screen for easier document collaboration no matter where the meeting participants are located. Users can also connect the HDX Series 3.1 with standard touchscreens, giving the flexibility for a two-panel set-up. The standard touchscreen support also lets users annotate on the virtual whiteboard with fingertips, so no extra accessories are required.
- More choices for sharing content during a video conference – share presentations, a desktop view or other content with video meeting participants by connecting to a PC, Mac or even by plugging a USB drive directly into the HDX system (no computer required). Support for mouse control makes it easy for users to navigate and select items on the screen.
- Easily control meetings from a tablet – Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, an industry-first, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to HDX Series systems running 3.1 and simplifies the user experience by letting users control video meeting functions such as volume and start/stop with their tablets, as well as transfer a live video call from tablet to big screen with the swipe of a finger ( watch a related video)
- Enhanced, secure firewall traversal – support for Polycom® RealPresence® Access Director solution and interoperability with Acme Packet Net-Net session border controllers makes it easier for users inside or outside the firewall to join a video meeting securely.
“Video-enabling employees with solutions that are highly secure and easy for end users to operate and navigate, as well as simple and cost-effective for organizations to manage and deliver, has time and time again proven to be an IT investment that quickly pays for itself by reducing travel costs and helping companies gain thousands of hours a month in productivity,” said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, President of Products and Services, Polycom. “That is why hundreds of thousands of organizations around the world trust and rely on solutions like the Polycom HDX series for helping their employees improve collaboration and be more productive across distances and time zones.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV