Barnes & Noble, Inc. ( NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced its national “Buy a NOOK, We’ll Give a Book” initiative to share the joy of reading this holiday season. Now through December 25, the company will donate one new book to First Book, which provides new books for children in need, for every NOOK tablet or reader purchased in Barnes & Noble stores or online at www.nook.com.
For 20 years, Barnes & Noble’s Holiday Book Drive has resulted in the gift of over a million books annually to thousands of charitable organizations nationwide. Last year alone, Barnes & Noble customers and booksellers donated over 1.2 million books that were distributed to over 2,000 local charities, and the company is on track to exceed that figure this year. “Buy a NOOK, We’ll Give a Book” extends the generous spirit of this annual program and gives customers even more ways to spread the joy of reading and make a difference in the lives of others. Now through December 25, customers shopping in Barnes & Noble stores and online can purchase any NOOK device – including the new stunning NOOK HD ® and NOOK ® HD+, award-winning NOOK Simple Touch ™ and NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight ™ and critically acclaimed NOOK Tablet ™ and NOOK Color ™ – and the company will match each sale with a new book donation to First Book.
“As the country’s largest bookseller, we are deeply committed to fostering literacy and a love of books and reading. The tremendous success of our Holiday Book Drive is because of our generous customers and booksellers who share that commitment,” said William Lynch, CEO of Barnes & Noble. “With NOOK tablets and e-readers topping many wish lists this year, we wanted to provide a new way for holiday shoppers to share their love of reading. So with every NOOK purchased, on behalf of that customer Barnes & Noble will send a new book to a child in need.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV