DENVER, Dec. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Air Methods Corporation reported that a Eurocopter BK117 helicopter based in Rockford, Illinois crashed Monday, December 10, 2012 at approximately 8:28 p.m. CST. The pilot and two flight nurses on board the aircraft received fatal injuries. No patients were on board the aircraft at the time of the accident. The aircraft was operated in support of Rockford Memorial Hospital's program.
"This is a sad day for all of us at Air Methods and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to the family, colleagues and friends of those who perished in Illinois while on duty," said Aaron Todd, chief executive officer of Air Methods Corporation.
Company officials are on scene in the area. Representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the accident with full cooperation and support from the Company.The Air Methods Corporation logo is available a http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6955
CONTACT: Tracey Budz, Director, Corporate Communications (303) 256-4122
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV