Global Nanotechnology Industry
11. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY II-179Hitachi High-Technologies to Take Over Sit NanoTechnology II-179GEA Group and Cavitation Technologies Sign Technology andLicensing Agreement II-179NanoTech Entertainment and VirtuaPin Ink Manufacturing andDistribution Agreement II-179Reinste Nano Ventures Inks Agreement with Raymor Nanotech toDistribute C-SWNT II-179Arrowhead Research Takes Over Alvos Therapeutics II-180Integran Technologies Signs Agreement with Enduro Industriesto Extend License Term II-180Applied DNA Sciences Enter into Partnership with College ofNanoscale Science and Engineering II-181Double A Signs Agreement with National Nanotechnology Centre II-181Wisepower Takes Over Unidym from Arrowhead Research II-182Buhler Group Purchases Strategic Interest in MicronisersAustralasia II-182Sony Takes Over Micronics II-182DuPont Snaps Up Innovalight II-183Oxford Instruments Takes Over Omicron NanoTechnology andSubsidiary Units II-183Iroko Pharmaceuticals Takes Over iCeutica II-184IDEX Corporation Inks Definitive Merger Agreement withMicrofluidics International II-184NanoMech Snaps Up Canadian Nano Technologies II-185Royal DSM Invests in NanoHoldings II-185Nanosurf Forms Joint Venture with Suzhou Haizisi in China II-186Nano Terra Signs Licensing Agreement with Kadmon Pharmaceuticals II-1863DIcon Inks Facilities Use Agreement with Helmerich ResearchCenter II-187Wipro Technologies Enters into Partnership with imec II-187
12. CORPORATE ACTIVITY IN RECENT PAST - A PERSPECTIVE BUILDER II-188NanoIntegris Forms Partnership with Unidym II-188Teijin Takes Over NanoGram II-188Bruker Takes Over OIM and AFC Instrument Businesses of VeecoInstruments II-188SUSS MicroTec Inks Exclusive License Agreement with Rolith toDevelop Nanolithography Technology II-189LG Display Enters into Joint Development Agreement with QD Vision II-189Plasan and Q-Flo Form Joint Venture II-190Nanosys and Sigma-Aldrich Sign Distribution Agreement II-190CVD Equipment and Graphene Laboratories Sign ExclusiveDistribution Agreement II-190NEI Establishes American NanoMyte II-191Dais Analytic Corporation of Odessa Signs Sales Agreement withGenertec America and CAST Systems Control Technology II-192Zhuhai Yintong Energy to Acquire 51% Majority Stake in AltairNanotechnologies II-192AECOM Technology Enters into Partnership with Bren School ofEnvironmental Science & Management II-192Audax Medical Inks Licensing Agreement with Brown University II-193King Abdulaziz City of Science and Technology LaunchesNanotechnology based initiative II-193Bilcare Signs Agreement with Pharmaceutical Companies II-193NanoRidge Materials Enters into Partnership with Riley Solutions II-194Goodrich Corporation and UDRI Enter into Partnership II-194JA Solar Holdings and Innovalight Ink Agreements II-194ActiveCare Enters into Partnership with Vista Therapeutics II-195NanoMech Bags Contract from KDH Defense Systems II-195Luna Innovations Acquires Tego Biosciences II-195Showa Denko KK Builds New VGCFTM-X CNT Unit II-196Bayer MaterialScience Starts New Carbon Nanotubes Plant II-196Industrial Nanotech Supplies Nansulate Coatings to Beverageand Food Companies II-196SVTC Technologies Deploys Production Tools of Synopsys II-196EcoloCap Solutions Sells NPW-30 System to R3 Energy II-196Cambridge NanoTech Enters in Korea II-197Industrial Nanotech Receives Hefty Nansulate Order fromExclusive Saudi Distributor II-197Applied Nanotech Enters into License and R&D Agreement withSports Goods Manufacturer II-197UAlbany NanoCollege, IBM and Novellus Systems Become StrategicPartners at Albany NanoTech Complex of CNSE II-197Industrial Nanotech Inks Korea Distribution Agreement Dealwith Intas II-198API Technologies to Cease Nanotechnology R&D Subsidiary II-198Russian Nanotech and Eurasian Development Bank Sign Memorandumof Cooperation II-198BASF and KIT Enter into Nanotechnology Partnership II-198Applied Pharma Research Buys New Platform Technology II-199Saudi Nanotechnology Company Sets Up in Saudi Arabia II-199CEA's Electronics and Information Technology Laboratory, IBMInk Agreement to Jointly Develop Nanoelectronics Technology II-199Bulgaria Inks Agreement with IBM II-200Z-Cube Inks Agreement with Yissum Research Development Company II-200Nanosys' Segment QD SoleilTM Inks Agreement with StarfireElectronic Development and Marketing Corporation II-200SPECS GmbH Buys Nanonis GmbH II-201EcoloCap Solutions Inks Letter of Intent with Micro BubbleTechnology II-201Shrink Nanotechnologies Buys Shrink Technologies II-201Integran Technologies Inks Agreement with NOVA Research andTechnology, TransCanada II-202Advanced Diamond Technologies Receives Contract from ThreatReduction Agency II-202eGen Partners Inks Agreement with MysticMD II-202Bayer Material Science Sets Up New Carbon Nanotube Facility II-203Unidym Closes Operations in Houston to Consolidate BusinessOperations II-203Pro-Tect Purchases Medivices II-203Arkema Partners with Fulcrum SP Materials II-203Unidym Extends Agreement with Samsung Electronics II-204RFASI and UESM Ink Agreement II-204Shrink Nanotech and Inabata America Enter into StrategicAlliance for Solar Products II-204Applied Nanotech Holdings Signs Research Agreement II-204SWeNT and Chasm Establish a Development Center II-205Indium Purchases RNT's Hunt Valley Operations II-205MSGI Inks Space Act Agreement with NASA II-205Government of India to Establish R&D Centers II-206Shrink Nanotechnologies Purchases Shrink Technologies II-206IBM and CEA/Leti to Collaborate for Research II-206ATN and ISTA to Ink Research Agreement II-206
13. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS II-207Advanced Diamond Technologies, Inc. (US) II-207Advanced Nano Products Co., Limited ( South Korea) II-207Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. (US) II-207Arrowhead Research Corporation (US) II-208Calando Pharmaceuticals, Inc., ( USA) II-208Bruker Corporation (US) II-209Catalytic Materials, LLC (US) II-209Chemat Technology Inc. (US) II-209eSpin Technologies, Inc. (US) II-210ELITech Group ( France) II-210Genefluidics, Inc., (US) II-210Hanwha Nanotech Corporation ( South Korea) II-211Hybrid Plastics (US) II-211Hyperion Catalysis International, Inc. (US) II-211Integran Technologies, Inc. ( Canada) II-212Intrinsiq Materials Limited (IML) (UK) II-212Life Technologies Corportation ( USA) II-212Luxtera, Inc. II-213Nanocyl S.A. ( Belgium) II-213NanoGram Corporation (US) II-213NanoMaterials Ltd, ( Israel) II-214Nanosys, Inc. (US) II-215QuantumSphere, Inc. (US) II-215Raymor Industries, Inc. ( Canada) II-216Rogue Valley Microdevices, Inc. (US) II-216Shenzhen Nanotech Port Co., Ltd. ( China) II-216SouthWest NanoTechnologies, Inc. (US) II-216Starpharma Holdings ( Australia) II-217Dendritic Nanotechnologies, Inc. (US) II-217Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, LLC (US) II-217Unidym, Inc. (US) II-218
14. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE II-219Table 11: World Recent Past, Current & Future Analysis forNanotechnology Based Products by End-Use Sector - Chemicals,Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Semiconductors & Electronics,Pharma & Healthcare, Food, and Other End-Use MarketsIndependently Analyzed with Annual Revenues in US$ Billion forthe Years 2009 through 2018 (includes correspondingGraph/Chart) II-219Table 12: World 10-Year Perspective for Nanotechnology BasedProducts by End-Use Sector - Percentage Breakdown of Revenuesfor Chemicals, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Semiconductors& Electronics, Pharma & Healthcare, Food, and Other End-UseMarkets for the Years 2009, 2012 and 2018 (includescorresponding Graph/Chart) II-220
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV