2. COMMERCIALIZATION - ISSUES AND TRENDS II-24Most Commercial Applications Still at an Embryonic Stage II-24Current Commercial Applications of Nanotechnology II-24Product Commercialization - The Ultimate Goal II-25Emerging End-Use Markets for Nanotechnology, Related Techniqueand Estimated Years to Commercialization II-26Reproducibility and Scalability - Defining Business at aCommercial Scale II-27Review of Select Nanotechnology Based Products & Their SelectCommercial Applications II-28Nanotubes II-28Carbon Nanotubes to Register Robust Growth II-28Carbon Nanotubes Production Goes Up II-28Carbon Nanotubes Ready for Commercial Application II-29Carbon Nanotubes Find Robust Adoption in Electronics &Semiconductors Industry II-29Nanotubes - Current Production Costs Outweigh Potential Benefits II-29Nanoparticles II-30Stain Resistant Khakis in Vogue II-30Aqueous Polymer Dispersion Products II-30Nanoparticulate-Based Synthetic Bone II-30Nanostructured Materials II-30Tungsten-Carbide Cobalt Composite Powder II-30Kodak Develops OLED Color Screens Using NanostructureTechnology II-30Nanocomposites II-31Plastics Industry: A Major Application Area II-31Plastic Nanocomposite for Step-Assists in Vehicles II-31Packaging - A Major Area for Nanocomposites II-31Nanocomposite Coatings II-32Coating Process Developed for Self-Assembled Monolayers II-32Nanocomposite Coated Tennis Balls Bounce Better II-32Nanocoatings to Gain Prominence in Aerospace Industry II-32Nanocrystals II-32Nanocatalysts II-33NanoScale Catalyst Technology used for Converting Coal into Gas II-33Manufacture of Automotive Catalytic Converters II-33Production of Hydrogen Peroxide with Higher Selectivity tothe Desired Product II-33Nanofilters II-33Nanofilter for Filtering Smallest Sized Particles II-33End Use Applications - Commercialization Time Grid II-34Controversies Still Dog Nanotechnology II-34Dearth of Quick Results Fuel Skepticism II-35Factors Hampering Rapid Commercialization II-35Delay in Setting up Labs II-35Legal & Regulatory Processes Delay Release of Funds II-35Difficulty in getting Money II-36R&D - Not an Instant Result Generating Activity II-36Scarcity of Researchers with Appropriate Training II-36Limited Access to Tools & Technologies II-36The Fat Fingers Problem II-37The Sticky Fingers Problem II-37Battling 'Grey Goo' Blues II-37Research Duplication & Absence of Common Standards II-38Legal and Financial Constraints for Startups II-38Investment Issues and High Costs Delay Rapid Commercialization II-39Separating Hype from Reality - A Major Challenge II-40Need of the Hour II-42Guarded and Protective Stance on Intellectual Property & OpenKnowledge-Sharing II-42Development of Industrial Processes for Patterning Materialson Nanoscale II-42Effective Utilization of Government Budgets II-43
Global Nanotechnology Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.