2. COMMERCIALIZATION - ISSUES AND TRENDS II-24Most Commercial Applications Still at an Embryonic Stage II-24Current Commercial Applications of Nanotechnology II-24Product Commercialization - The Ultimate Goal II-25Emerging End-Use Markets for Nanotechnology, Related Techniqueand Estimated Years to Commercialization II-26Reproducibility and Scalability - Defining Business at aCommercial Scale II-27Review of Select Nanotechnology Based Products & Their SelectCommercial Applications II-28Nanotubes II-28Carbon Nanotubes to Register Robust Growth II-28Carbon Nanotubes Production Goes Up II-28Carbon Nanotubes Ready for Commercial Application II-29Carbon Nanotubes Find Robust Adoption in Electronics &Semiconductors Industry II-29Nanotubes - Current Production Costs Outweigh Potential Benefits II-29Nanoparticles II-30Stain Resistant Khakis in Vogue II-30Aqueous Polymer Dispersion Products II-30Nanoparticulate-Based Synthetic Bone II-30Nanostructured Materials II-30Tungsten-Carbide Cobalt Composite Powder II-30Kodak Develops OLED Color Screens Using NanostructureTechnology II-30Nanocomposites II-31Plastics Industry: A Major Application Area II-31Plastic Nanocomposite for Step-Assists in Vehicles II-31Packaging - A Major Area for Nanocomposites II-31Nanocomposite Coatings II-32Coating Process Developed for Self-Assembled Monolayers II-32Nanocomposite Coated Tennis Balls Bounce Better II-32Nanocoatings to Gain Prominence in Aerospace Industry II-32Nanocrystals II-32Nanocatalysts II-33NanoScale Catalyst Technology used for Converting Coal into Gas II-33Manufacture of Automotive Catalytic Converters II-33Production of Hydrogen Peroxide with Higher Selectivity tothe Desired Product II-33Nanofilters II-33Nanofilter for Filtering Smallest Sized Particles II-33End Use Applications - Commercialization Time Grid II-34Controversies Still Dog Nanotechnology II-34Dearth of Quick Results Fuel Skepticism II-35Factors Hampering Rapid Commercialization II-35Delay in Setting up Labs II-35Legal & Regulatory Processes Delay Release of Funds II-35Difficulty in getting Money II-36R&D - Not an Instant Result Generating Activity II-36Scarcity of Researchers with Appropriate Training II-36Limited Access to Tools & Technologies II-36The Fat Fingers Problem II-37The Sticky Fingers Problem II-37Battling 'Grey Goo' Blues II-37Research Duplication & Absence of Common Standards II-38Legal and Financial Constraints for Startups II-38Investment Issues and High Costs Delay Rapid Commercialization II-39Separating Hype from Reality - A Major Challenge II-40Need of the Hour II-42Guarded and Protective Stance on Intellectual Property & OpenKnowledge-Sharing II-42Development of Industrial Processes for Patterning Materialson Nanoscale II-42Effective Utilization of Government Budgets II-43
Global Nanotechnology Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.