DMA Check Station Returns To Voluntary Status
"The benefit to the agency is it can test a sufficient number of deer within the DMA without having to resort to culling deer to test."
Myers noted that deer harvested outside of the DMA will not be eligible for testing at the check station; however, hunters may get their deer checked by the Department of Agriculture's Veterinary Laboratory, for a fee, by calling 717-787-8808.
For more information from the departments of Agriculture and Health and the Pennsylvania Game Commission, visit:
- www.agriculture.state.pa.us (click on the "Chronic Wasting Disease Information" button on the homepage),
- www.pgc.state.pa.us (click on "CWD Info"), and www.health.state.pa.us (click on "Diseases and Conditions").
Note to Editors: If you would like to receive Game Commission news releases via e-mail, please send a note with your name, address, telephone number and the name of the organization you represent to: PGCNews@pa.govSOURCE Pennsylvania Game Commission
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts