As the holidays approach, calendars are starting to fill up with shopping trips, parties, and family visits. While these festivities bring joy to many, the combination of demands can also be draining on the spirit of the season. In fact, according to the American Psychological Association (APA), nearly 75% of Americans say they experience high stress levels during the holidays. ADT’s interactive home management platform, ADT PulseSM, can help homeowners alleviate some of the pressure this holiday season.
With a new remote door locks feature, ADT Pulse users busy baking Christmas cookies can unlock their front door for arriving guests without ever leaving the kitchen. In addition, users can adjust thermostats from any web-enabled device to ensure their home is warm when they return from a late-night holiday party. For those who have to pick up family and friends from the airport or train station, ADT Pulse allows users to switch on all of their holiday lights and decorations remotely so that their home is bright and welcoming when they return with visiting guests. Overall, ADT Pulse’s convenient features can help to increase productivity this season, providing more time to deck the halls with friends and family.
Below are a few tips for festive and stress-free homes this holiday from the experts at ADT:
- Inspect holiday lights each year for frayed wires and place decorations away from heat vents to prevent home fires; almost half (47%) of which occur during the winter months of November through March. Optional features of ADT Pulse can monitor for fires, and if detected, send signals to an ADT Customer Monitoring Center, which alerts local fire stations.
- Consider turning on a few lights, a radio or TV if you’re out for the evening, so it looks like someone is home. These lights and small appliances can be controlled through ADT Pulse and monitored through the system’s Home View portal.
- Enlist the help of various tools and technologies to keep your busy holiday schedule on track. ADT Pulse can monitor your home in real time so you can focus on year-end work deadlines, last-minute shopping trips and festivities of the season. For example, optional features from Pulse can unlock your doors for people helping you at home – such as party planners or babysitters – so you can focus on everything else that can be overwhelming this time of year.
“The holidays are the busiest time of the year for most of us, and an easy-to-use, interactive home security system can help users juggle the demands of their hectic schedules,” said Tony Wells, chief marketing and customer relations officer at ADT. “The lifestyle and life safety features embedded in the ADT Pulse platform, backed by six ADT-owned Customer Monitoring Centers, can provide peace of mind and allow customers to enjoy time with family and friends this season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV