CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems secured aftermarket contracts for Constant Frequency Generator (CFG) repairs and retrofits, and upgraded spares for the U.S. Navy's V-22 program. The V-22 is flown by both the U.S. Navy/Marine Corps team and the U.S. Air Force. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
"UTC Aerospace Systems is delighted to support the U.S. Navy's V-22 program," said Steve Hilliard, general manager, Military Programs, Power, Controls & Sensing Systems, UTC Aerospace Systems. "The upgrades to our Constant Frequency Generator enhance our product while delivering a high return on investment for NAVSUP."
UTC Aerospace Systems is the sole supplier on the CFG application for the V-22 program and its aftermarket contracts are valued at $70 million.
Under the initial contract awarded in September 2011, UTC Aerospace Systems began supplying kits to NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support Philadelphia in support of the V-22 CFG Loss of Lube retrofit with a period of performance of 20 months. In September 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems received a contract from the U.S. Navy for V-22 CFG repairs and upgrades over a five-year period of performance. Most recently, UTC Aerospace Systems received a contract award and delivery orders from Defense Logistics Agency, Philadelphia, for V-22 CFG spares for the U.S. Air Force and spares for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps team.The V-22 CFG consists of three of UTC Aerospace Systems' mainstay electric power products: a Constant Speed Drive, a Generator, and a Generator Control Unit, packaged into a single Line Replaceable Unit. This upgrade program is the culmination of four years of cooperative effort between NAVAIR, Boeing, Bell, NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support, and UTC Aerospace Systems to enhance the reliability of the CFG and by improving the overall operational readiness of the aircraft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV