As market demand continues for the QlikView Business Discovery platform,
, (NASDAQ:QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence, today announced that its Industry Market Development team has grown 50 percent over the last year. The team, which is comprised of nine global industry experts that average 20-plus years of experience, brings extensive strategic domain expertise. This focus spans more than 20 industries within eight sectors including: financial services, life sciences, healthcare, communications, public sector, energy and utilities, retail and services, and manufacturing and high tech.
The expanding team supports go-to-market initiatives spanning sales, marketing, solutions, and partners. They work directly with customers and prospects to convey industry-specific capabilities, solutions, and experience to support long-term success of QlikView deployments.
“We understand that one solution does not fit all customers. As the demand for Business Discovery continues to rise and the challenges of Big Data present themselves across industries, we’re growing our team to offer a winning combination of technology and business expertise,” said Mike Saliter, senior director of global industry market development. “We’re making investments in people with impressive track records in the world of Business Intelligence for our customers that represent global leadership in industries from retail to manufacturing to healthcare, and more. We are really able to get close to our customers’ business needs in a consultative way to make QlikView the star of their respective industries.”
With the ever-growing demand for intuitive, easy-to-use BI solutions, and the challenges of Big Data affecting users beyond the IT department, customers need software designed to meet specific business needs. As part of a continuing effort to recruit and retain some of the best talent for its Industry Market Development team, QlikTech has added the following industry veterans:
- Paul Van Siclen, Financial Services (Americas): Paul has over 18 years of experience in Financial Services spanning both consumer and commercial markets in banking and insurance companies. Before joining QlikTech, Paul held roles as divisional CFO at CIT where he became introduced to QlikView as a business user. He has also held roles as Director of BI for CIT as well as various finance leadership roles at Bank of America and AHL Insurance.
- Duncan Ash, Financial Services (EMEA): Duncan has over 17 years of experience in Financial Services software related sales, solutions and consulting. He most recently worked at SAS Institute where he was Financial Services Industry Manager with a focus on Capital Markets industry solutions. Prior to SAS, Duncan worked for Sybase where he led Financial Services strategy and business development within EMEA.
- David Bolton, Public Sector (EMEA): David joined QlikTech in 2008 and most recently led the Public Sector sales team for the UK and Ireland where his team significantly expanded QlikView use in leading public sector entities such as the NHS. Prior to working at QlikTech, David founded a start-up software company which developed and sold into the Public Sector and Corporate markets. David held the position of Sales and Marketing Director for 8 years, overseeing growth and attaining a position in the coveted 'Deloitte Fast 50' list.
- Scott Jennings, Retail and Services (Americas): Scott has held positions in the business intelligence software space for the past 14 years at several companies including IBM. Over the last several years, he has held positions on the industry solutions team, including management of the team, while working with retailers, and analysts around the world on defining retail go-to-market, retail solutions, and best practices.
- Tom Haas, Manufacturing and High Tech (Americas): Tom covers the Manufacturing Sector in the Americas with a focus on the High Tech industry. He has more than 15 years of experience in business development and strategic initiatives at various technology companies including Siebel Systems and BMC Software. Earlier in his career Tom was a consultant at The Boston Consulting Group where he was part of the High Tech Practice Area.
QlikTech maintains leadership it has had over the years with other members of the team in healthcare, manufacturing, infrastructure, and financial services.