RIM Poll: Will You Buy a BlackBerry 10 Device?
TheStreet got a sneak peek of BlackBerry 10 running on a prototype of one of RIM's new devices this week, and was quietly impressed with the new OS.
New features such as BlackBerry Flow, which allows navigation across open applications, and BlackBerry Hub, which consolidates messages, feeds and notification events, look set to resonate with users looking for a crisp smartphone experience.
TheStreet was also impressed with the new BlackBerry Keyboard, a touchscreen version of the physical keyboard found on the company's existing devices, and BlackBerry Balance, which keeps corporate and personal data secure and separate.The stakes for RIM, however, could not be higher as it prepares to debut two BlackBerry 10 devices at the end of next month. Weighed down by fierce competition from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone, Google (GOOG) Android devices, and delayed product launches, RIM's shares have plunged almost 28% over the past 12 months. Last month, RIM confirmed that its BlackBerry 10 devices will debut at a launch event in late January, prompting speculation that the gadgets will be available shortly after. The handset maker announced that the event will happen simultaneously in multiple countries around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV