Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN), a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced that Sanford Health, the nation’s largest rural non-profit healthcare system, has deployed its Click® Portal software to automate conflict of interest disclosures required for research. Sanford chose the new Click software solution in part to help comply with the new federal rules governing conflict of interest (COI).
“To meet the new rules while growing our research programs across multiple campuses in several states, we needed to facilitate the submission of accurate, complete disclosures,” said Arlyn Broekhuis, chief information officer, Sanford Health. “Working with Huron’s Click Portal implementation team, we were able to fully automate COI reporting and management processes in two and a half months.”
The new federal COI rules issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and administered by the National Institutes of Health went into effect in August 2012. The rules cover a wide range of areas which are directly addressed by Huron’s Click Portal software.
For example, the new rules require that:
- Institutions must take full responsibility for monitoring sub-recipients of research grants,
- Disclosures should be posted to a public website or available in writing within five days of the request,
- COI training occurs prior to research and every four years after, and
- Management plans for those reporting financial COI are mandatory, if the interest is significant and related to their research.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV