Positive sentiment, however, continues to swirl around the company, with IDC citing the iPhone maker's upward trajectory.
IDC reported Monday that during the third quarter the worldwide smart connected device market, which includes PCs, tablets and smartphones, grew 27.1% year over year.
Although arch-rival Samsung maintained the top position with 21.8% market share based on shipments, Apple's numbers were impressive, according to the tech research firm. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company ranked second overall in shipments, but led the field in terms of value, bringing in $34.1 billion with an average selling price (ASP) of $744 across all devices.Shares of Google (GOOG) which suffered a service disruption in its Gmail and Google Drive offerings on Monday, gained 0.52% to reach $688.99 in premarket trading on Tuesday. The Internet giant's shares closed up 0.18% on Monday. Shares of Nokia (NOK), which closed down 4.16% on Monday, were off 1.08% at $3.65 on Tuesday as investors continued to weigh the challenges facing the Finnish handset maker. Juniper (JNPR) shares dipped 0.31% to $19.22 in premarket trading on Tuesday after slipping 0.05% on Monday. Cisco (CSCO), which announced a new brand strategy, saw its shares creep up 0.4% in premarket trading. The networking giant gained 2.35% during Monday's session. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV