SAN DIEGO, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sequenom, Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM) announced today the appointments of William Welch as the Company's President and Chief Operating Officer and Dirk van den Boom as the Company's Executive Vice President, Research & Development and Chief Technology Officer, both effective immediately. Additionally, Ronald Lindsay has been named as the Company's Executive Vice President, Strategic Planning. Harry F. Hixson, Jr. will continue to serve as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Welch joined Sequenom in January 2011 as Senior Vice President, Diagnostics. He has overseen the Company's commercial operations in connection with the October 2011 launch of its MaterniT21 PLUS laboratory-developed test.
"Bill's extensive industry experience and knowledge have been a significant asset to Sequenom over the last two years as we launched the MaterniT21 PLUS test," said Harry Hixson, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "This promotion reflects his many contributions to the growth of our company and the board's confidence in his future leadership capacity."
Dr. van den Boom has served as Sequenom's Senior Vice President of research and development since August 2010 and previously served as the Company's vice president, research and development. He joined Sequenom in 1998 at the company's Hamburg office, subsequently serving in various management roles of increasing responsibility within the R&D department."Dirk has demonstrated impressive professional and managerial growth over the past three years and we look forward to his contributions as he takes the helm of R&D leadership at Sequenom," said Ronald M Lindsay, Director and newly appointed EVP of Strategic Planning. "We believe Dirk will successfully drive key strategic initiatives that will underpin the company's future growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV