ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today introduced a 5 gigahertz (GHz) LX5509 power amplifier (PA) for IEEE 802.11ac—also known as fifth generation Wi-Fi—wireless access points and media devices. The LX5509 is the first commercially available PA that can transmit at similar power levels in both IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.11ac networks, allowing optimum system performance by extending the high data rate range.
"Our new PA is the second in a series of devices we are introducing to accelerate the proliferation of the next-generation Wi-Fi standard," said Amir Asvadi, vice president and general manager of Microsemi's Analog and Mixed Signal group. "We will continue to focus on strengthening our 802.11ac portfolio with industry-leading solutions and partnering with world-class WLAN manufacturers to deliver circuits that provide the highest system performance."
In addition to its power capabilities, the LX5509 features a standardized pin out. This enables customers to, without layout changes, later upgrade the performance level in their systems with higher power 5 GHz PAs that are currently in development at Microsemi.Microsemi's 802.11ac solution offerings include the LX5586, the world's first monolithic silicon germanium (SiGe) RF front-end (FE) device. The company recently announced that this innovative solution works in conjunction with Broadcom's BCM4335 combo chip for mobile platforms. The company also offers a broad portfolio of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n solutions including power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, front- end modules and reference designs co-developed with leading WLAN chipset manufacturers. LX5509 Key Features
- 5 GHz operation;
- Linear output power of 19dBm for IEEE 802.11ac 256-QAM 80MHz, EVM < 1.8% @3.3V;
- Linear output power of 20dBm for IEEE 802.11n 64-QAM 20MHz, EVM < 3% @3.3V;
- 28dB OFDM power gain;
- 50-ohm input and output match, eliminating the need to optimize output matching on PCB;
- Integrated harmonic filter and output detector; and
- Temperature-compensated on-chip output power detector with wide dynamic range.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts