NEWTON, Mass., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site* today announced the results of its December holiday travel survey of more than 1,300 U.S. respondents. Forty-five percent of travelers are planning to travel during the December holidays, up from 42 percent who did so last year.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57942-tripadvisor-december-holiday-travel-survey
- 51% - Booked their flight early
- 29% - Will drive to their destination instead of fly
- 5% - Still waiting for prices to come down
- 42% will spend more on December holiday travel compared to 2011
- 43% will spend the same on December holiday travel compared to last year
- 15% will spend less on December holiday travel compared to last year
- 40% - Will travel at off-peak hours
- 20% - Will load their smartphone or tablet with music, games or movies
- 14% - Will pay for accommodations rather than stay with friends or family
- Twenty-seven percent cite airline delays and cancellations as the most frustrating part of traveling for the holidays, while 20 percent are most aggravated by inclement weather
- The favorite holiday song to listen to while traveling is "White Christmas"
- Respondents named "Santa Baby" the most annoying holiday song to listen to while traveling
- Seventy-three percent say they have already begun travel planning for 2013
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV