- More than one-half (52 percent) of Midwest consumers plan 2013 home improvement projects with the majority paid for in cash – up from 37 percent who completed home improvement projects in 2012. The average budget amount for 2013 is $5,200.
- Three in four (75 percent) of Midwest consumers plan vacations away from home in 2013, up from 63 percent in 2012. The average budget amount for 2013 is $3,200. More than 60 percent said they’ll pay up front with cash.
- As much as 70 percent of Midwest consumers plan to spend as much or more on 2012 holiday purchases as last year. The average budget amount for holiday purchases this year is $959.
- More than 70 percent of Midwest consumers plan to spend the same or more in 2013 on clothing, dining out and entertainment.
Research Summary Report On Huntington Bank's December 2012 Midwest Economic Index
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.