Burgeoning Automotive Industry Lends Momentum To The Engineering Plastics Market In Southeast Asia, Finds Frost & Sullivan
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Improved economic conditions and favorable manufacturing environments in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines have drawn significant investments to the engineering plastics market in Southeast Asia. The market for engineering plastics is expected to develop in tandem with the electrical, electronics as well as automobile sectors, which are expected to grow by more than 10-15 percent from 2012 to 2018.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan ( http://www.chemicals.frost.com), Strategic Analysis of Engineering Plastics Market in Southeast Asia , finds that the market earned revenues of over US$2.07 billion in 2011 and estimates this to reach US$4.28 billion by 2018.
The higher affluence of consumers in Southeast Asia will have a positive bearing on the domestic adoption of electrical appliances and automobiles in the region, especially of two wheelers in Indonesia.
"Several Japanese electronics and office equipment manufacturing companies are setting up bases in Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines," said Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst Sushmita Mahajan. "The application of engineering plastics in these growing end-user segments boosts the market's revenue."The popularity of engineering plastics in construction and infrastructure further drives revenue growth. Plastics are replacing metals in many applications, as they often eliminate expensive secondary manufacturing steps, offer a large degree of design freedom, and are relatively easy to process. In addition, research and development will result in advanced plastic grades that can be used in numerous new applications. Improved features such as the ability to sustain high temperatures and humidity for long periods will increase their utility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV