International Relations Online, which will deliver a dynamic course of study through the convenience of an online platform, offers:
- An academically rigorous curriculum designed specifically for online delivery by the same SIS faculty who teach on campus.
- Interactive, live, online seminars delivered face-to-face in real time by SIS faculty.
- An interactive, online community, which uses social networking, groups and organizational tools which allow students to collaborate with classmates and professors 24 hours a day.
- Comprehensive, hands-on, academic and career advising services guide students from matriculation through commencement.
- Intimate classes generally with 15 students.
- A lifelong connection to American University's alumni network, including 15,000 SIS alumni who are leaders in their fields.
has partnered with the premier education-technology company 2U, Inc. to deliver International Relations Online. 2U, formerly 2tor, Inc., partners with leading graduate and undergraduate institutions to deliver rigorous, selective degree and for-credit programs online by providing the technology platform, instructional design, marketing and infrastructure support.
For more information about International Relations Online, please visit
or call 1-855-306-AUIR.
About American University and the School of International Service
is a leader in global education, enrolling a diverse student body from throughout
the United States
and around the world. AU's School of International Service is ranked consistently among the top ten schools of international relations. SIS prepares graduates for global service in government, nonprofits and business. On campus, more than 100 full-time SIS faculty teach more than 3,000 students, from undergraduates to PhD candidates, representing 150 countries.
About 2U, Inc.
2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with top-tier universities to deliver rigorous, selective graduate degree and undergraduate for-credit programs online. Founded in 2008 by
and a team of education veterans, the company provides universities with the technologies, infrastructural support and capital they need to transform their on-campus programs into high-quality, web-based programs. 2U is one of the highest-funded education technology start-ups in
the United States
or Paul Johnson
Donovan B. Fox
, Communications Manager
American University's School of International Service