Stillwater Mining To Join S&P SmallCap 600
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Stillwater Mining Co. will replace JDA Software Group Inc. in the S&P SmallCap 600 index, Standard & Poor's said Monday.
The change will take place on Dec. 13. JDA Software is being acquired by RedPrairie Corp. in a deal expected to close on or near that date.
Stillwater Mining, based in Billings, Mont., produces palladium and platinum. Shares of the company rose 16 cents to close at $11.47, then added 30 cents, or 2.6 percent, to $11.77 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV