- Verstovsek, S, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety results from a Phase II study of ruxolitinib in patients with polycythemia vera.
In a Phase II clinical trial of patients (n=34) with polycythemia vera (PV) who are resistant or intolerant to hydroxyurea, ruxolitinib treatment resulted in clinical benefit by providing durable overall response rates by modified European Leukemia Net criteria as well as ameliorating symptoms commonly associated with PV, such as itching, night sweats and bone pain. Overall response was achieved in 97 percent of patients at week 24. Of these responders, 74 percent maintained overall response at week 144. Anemia and thrombocytopenia (primarily grade 1) were the most common adverse events.
The slides used during the presentation can be accessed at: 2012 ASH Oral_Verstovsek_PV.
Other data related to Jakafi presented orally at ASH include:
- Talpaz, M, et al. Efficacy, hematologic effects, and dose of ruxolitinib in myelofibrosis patients with low starting platelet counts (50–100 x 10 9 /L): A comparison to patients with normal or high starting platelet counts. 2012 ASH Oral_Talpaz
- Harrison, C, et al. EXPAND: a Phase 1b, open-label, dose-finding study of ruxolitinib in patients with myelofibrosis and baseline platelet counts between 50 × 10 9 /L and 99 × 10 9 /L. 2012 ASH Oral_Harrison
- Vannucchi, A, et al. Reductions in JAK2 V617F allele burden with ruxolitinib treatment in COMFORT-II, a Phase III study comparing the safety and efficacy of ruxolitinib with best available therapy. 2012 ASH Oral_Vannucchi
- Mesa, R, et al. Clinical benefits of ruxolitinib therapy in myelofibrosis patients with varying degrees of splenomegaly and symptoms. 2012 ASH Poster #1727
- Mesa, R, et al. Improvement in weight and total cholesterol and their association with survival in ruxolitinib-treated patients with myelofibrosis from COMFORT-I. 2012 ASH Poster #1733
- McMullin, M, et al. The use of erythropoietic-stimulating agents with ruxolitinib in patients with primary myelofibrosis, post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis, and post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. 2012 ASH Poster #2838
- Verstovsek, S, et al. Effect of ruxolitinib on the incidence of splenectomy in patients with myelofibrosis: A retrospective analysis of data from ruxolitinib clinical trials. 2012 ASH Poster #2847
- Ouagari, K, et al. Cost-effectiveness of ruxolitinib versus best-available therapy for medical treatment of myelofibrosis: Canadian societal perspective. 2012 ASH Poster #4255
- Barosi, G, et al. An individual patient supply program for ruxolitinib for the treatment of patients with primary myelofibrosis, post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis, or post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. 2012 ASH Poster #2844
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV