Edgen Murray Expands Valve And Actuation Offering With Acquisition Of UK-Based HSP Group Limited
LOS ANGELES, December 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Acquisition complements Edgen Murray's current service to global oil and gas customers by adding valve brands and actuation services with a focus on upstream, refining, petrochemical and power applications
- Experienced valve staff and an established international footprint provide hubs for greater international outreach, particularly in the United Kingdom, Middle East and Caspian regions
Edgen Group Inc. (NYSE:EDG) through its subsidiary, Edgen Murray Europe Limited, a leading global distributor of specialty steel products for energy and infrastructure markets, has acquired UK-based HSP Group Limited (HSP) to enhance its valve and actuation offerings to customers around the world.
HSP sells valves and actuation products and services to customers in global oil and gas offshore, refining, petrochemical and power markets from locations in the United Kingdom, Qatar and the United States. HSP distributes ball, gate, globe and check valves through long-standing relationships with leading global manufacturers.
"HSP has a strong reputation for technical knowledge, responsiveness and attention to detail in the United Kingdom and the Middle East, whether customers require long-term project packages or immediate MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) supply," said Craig Kiefer, Edgen Murray's president. "The integration of the HSP business will allow us to better meet the needs of our shared and new customers in the energy sector across Europe, the Middle East and Caspian region."Dan O'Leary, Edgen Group's chief executive officer added: "HSP is a company whose strategy complements our own - to create and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with oil and gas customers for specialised material supply. We expect the products, services, locations and expertise acquired in this transaction to have an immediate benefit to Edgen Group, both operationally and financially." Effective today, HSP's chief executive officer Peter Everett and his staff have joined Edgen Murray. HSP's projected revenue for 2012 is approximately £23 million ( $37 million USD). Financial details of the cash and stock acquisition were not disclosed. About Edgen Murray
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts