Corn Futures Fall Again On Weak Export Figures
By The Associated Press
Corn futures are ending lower as investors continue to worry about weakness in U.S. exports of the grain.
Corn for March delivery lost 7.25 cents to settle at $7.30 a bushel Monday. Wheat also fell. The March contract closed down 12.25 cents at $8.4875 a bushel.
Jack Scoville of Price Futures Group wrote in a note to clients that corn fell following a "very disappointing" report on export sales."News that Brazil sold corn to Taiwan and that Ukraine is ready to sell corn to China highlighted once again that demand for corn or other feed grains is getting taken care of at somewhat cheaper prices than what can be done here in the U.S.," Scoville wrote. In other commodities trading, oil prices closed lower and metals futures rose.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV