Gone are the days of being stranded on an unfamiliar street corner in the rain - Uber allows users to order a private town car with a few clicks. Register with the app by creating a profile, inputting credit card details and selecting a pick-up location. Within minutes, a professional driver will arrive curbside.
This user-friendly app sends a text to the passenger with the car's estimated arrival time and another when the car arrives. Passengers can also review a headshot and ratings of the driver.
The service is reliable and particularly useful in cities or neighborhoods where cabs are hard to flag down on the street, but it's costly - a 40% to 100% premium on what customers normally pay for a taxi. At the final destination, passengers receive a receipt of the charge to their credit card via email.This free app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 4.3 or later. It is optimized for iPhone 5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV